This dramatic, large round Art Nouveau brooch is enamelled plique-à-jour (stained-glass/transparent) in dark violet, light green, pink and red colours and set with a large central Swarovski crystal, ringed by smaller crystals, all of light peach colour. The metal framework of the brooch is French silver (silver plated copper) and has been made from a stamping from an original French Art Nouveau mould.
It can be pinned to a coat or any other outer garment or even a soft hat (eg beret). It can also be worn as a necklace by pinning it through a couple of links of a standard length (45-50cm) necklace chain.
▪ This jewellery is handmade by artisans and there can be variations between pieces.
▪ Nickel free: this jewellery is safe to wear as it conforms to the European Union regulations regarding Nickel content (Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006).
▪ Made in France by Au bout des Rêves.
▪ It is branded Catherine Popesco on rear, as it was made before Catherine sold Au bout des Rêves.
▪ Dimensions: Diameter 60mm Thickness 7mm
This jewellery is handmade in France in the Au bout des Rêves workshop, situated in the east-central region of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes. The design is authentic vintage French having been made with a metal stamping from an original vintage mould, still available today from a company in Paris. A traditional French silver plating technique ('old silver') is used to provide a hard wearing, antique-look silver finish.